BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 31, 2010

One year ago today....

We found out the news that would forever change our lives... that we were pregnant!

Earlier in the week, we had lost our beloved dog Hunter unexpectedly and we both were taking it really hard.  My dear friend Kristen knew the toll that his loss was taking on me and wrote me the sweetest email and really put everything in perspective.  She said, "God has great plans for you to bring new life into this world.... hopefully sometime soon, and hopefully in the form of a human" (at the time, she was seven months pregnant and dying for one of the girls to join her!).  Her words must have stuck with me, because that night, I had a dream that I was pregnant.  I woke up the next morning (Brent was at work) and took an at-home test.  It showed two pink lines. I thought, this can't really be true.  So I took two more tests, each different brands.  Sure enough the words "Pregnant" came across the window. I was estatic! I had to actually read the words in order to believe it!! Not even ten minutes later, my mom unexpectedly stops by to drop something off.  She took one look at me and said, "You're pregnant."  I couldn't believe it! Was it written all over my face? Or was it a mother's intuition? I tried to brush her off, but I'm about the worst lier on the face of the planet, so my attempts were unsuccessful.  We shared a big hug and some tears, then I swore her to secrecy, since my own husband didn't even know yet!!

Over the past couple of months, I had thought up how I would break the news to Brent when I found out that we had conceived.  Of course all my cute ideas had gone completely out the window and when he stopped by for lunch, I was absolutely bursting at the seam to tell him so I just ended up blurting it out!! We were shocked that it happened so quickly but over the moon excited!

We decided we would wait to break the news to our family until we went to the doctor. Since it was NYE, the office was closed so we would have to wait until that Monday.  So I had a dry new years eve! I tried to avoid having any weird questions so I had my normal vodka, cranberry & orange cocktail - minus the vodka, of course!  Here's a picture from last NYE, with an unsuspecting Jeff & Jessica...


Oh my how the difference a year makes....

No comments:

Post a Comment